filed in blog clutter on Aug.02, 2008
Cool functionality for your blog is mostly achieved by using plug-ins and widgets, there are a few (as far as i am concerned) essential plug-ins and widgets.
- Akismet, not only because it comes with the wp install but it really is useful too. Function: Stops spammers / Spambots posting comments. Install: go to dashboard-plugins: activate. You will need a WP API which you can get by signing up at wordpress.org. Enter the API in Akismet settings and Spam is not a problem anymore.
- WP Ajax Edit Comments:Function: allows Users to edit their comments. Get it here Ajax Edit Comments Upload: Activate: Configure: Done:
- Mini Meta Widget: Function: Streamlined widget for the Site Meta (admin, log-in etc). I like the compact design of the widget: Get it Here: Mini Meta Widget Upload: Activate: Add to Sidebar: Configure: Done.
- WP Gravatars: Function: adds Gravatars.com “Gravatars” to your blog. Haven´t got a Gravatar yet then get one here: gravatar.com Get the Plug-in here: WP Gravatar Upload: Activate: Configure: Done:
- Semmelstatz: Function: Feeds the statistic junkie in you. Get the Plug-In here: Semmelstatz Note: Read the Installation instructions carefully…
- WordPress-Tweaks: Function: adds useful functions and tweaks to the Dashboard/Admin area. Easy to install and configure: Get it Here: WP Tweaks
so that is our basic plugin setup once these are installed we can continue with plugins under the category of wordpress candy
wanna know more about the author... countzeero - the self proclaimed EvilGenius™ behind OWN INDUSTRIES. Pixel Penetration and Code Cruelty are but two of his deadly skills. In his free time he likes to run too many blogs and twitter incessantly...